Empire Assam Pedas - Cornucopia of Assam Pedas

When a bunch of Borneo friends were here in KL and all they asked for was the best assam pedas and durian, I was at a loss.

First - am not a fan of too spicy food
Second - I do not eat durian!
So, what do I do? Luckily, I have a great network of food blogger friends who suggested for me a place where assam pedas and durian is abundant  - Empire Assam Pedas @ Nilai!

Depending on the location shared by the foodies, I managed to find Empire Assam Pedas with no difficulty. For those who have difficulty navigating their way to anywhere, the landmark is McDonald's - Empire Assam Pedas is in the same row as McDonald's.

Address: 7341, Jalan BBN 1/2C, Bandar Baru Nilai, 71800 Nilai, Negeri Sembilan.
Empire Assam Pedas, Assam Pedas Nilai, Cendol Durian, Rawlins Eats, Assam Pedas Kepala Ikan Merah, Masak Lemak Daging Salai, Masak Tempoyak Ekor Ikan Patin, Tempat Makan di Nilai, Rawlins GLAM,
Don't ask what's the best dish here because it is pretty obvious that assam pedas would be the signature dishes here.

Entering the restaurant, I was instantly drawn to its wallpaper - so beautiful and insta-worthy!
Some might say a bit hipster for an assam pedas restaurant - but nowadays - everything goes!
Ain't that a beauty?
I love these two walls as any picture taken here will be super beautiful!

As per the very first picture way up in this post, here are some of the best dishes that Empire Assam Pedas to offer. I have to take all these lovely pictures from Cik Lily Putih as I was too occupied with the walls. Haha. Thanks, Cik Lily Putih.
Assam Pedas Kepala Ikan Merah @ RM20.00
Assam Pedas Ikan Pari @ RM10.00
Assam Pedas Ikan Kembong @ RM9.90
Assam Pedas Ikan Tenggiri @ RM12.90
Assam Pedas Ekor Ikan Merah @ RM12.90
Apart from the Assam Pedas dishes, there is also great taste traditional and local food available here such as an array of masak lemak and delicious desserts.
Here's the menu for you
Masak Lemak Udang Galah @ RM15.00
Masak Lemak Ayam Kampung @ RM10.90
Masak Lemak Daging Salai @ RM10.90
Masak Tempoyak Ekor Ikan Patin @ RM16.00
Nasi Putih + Ayam Penyet @ RM9.90
As I mentioned earlier, I do not eat durian.
But my friends do their durian and I can't believe that they all managed to lick clean the clay pot - they were loving the assam pedas dishes so much. That is the best testimony ever - you can literally flip the clay pot upside down and no gravy will be dripping down from it.
hahaha

As for me, I ate the masak lemaks and call me biased but I love the Masak Lemak Daging Salai the most.

Here's my comment on the dishes:
Assam Pedas - it was not as spicy as I thought it would be. The spiciness is bearable and at some points adds to the delicious tasting of the dish.
Masak Lemak - the thick and tasty gravy was the best! I literally licked off my plate because I love the gravy so much.

For your information, all these dishes were prepared by 25-year-old Chef Syafiq who prepared the dishes as per his mother's recipe.
Wow! That's another delicious home-cooked meal for me!
Cendol Durian @ RM10.00
Bubur Kacang Durian
For desserts, my friends went crazy and ordered the Cendol Durian @ RM10.00.
I was told Empire Assam Pedas uses Musang King or D24 on top of the cendol.

Again, the friends licked the bowl till the very last drop. Haha.
Some also ordered Bubur Kacang Durian.
Again - the main actor is Durian, as per my friends' wishes.

So, here at Empire Assam Pedas, my friends get to tickle their tastebuds to the best assam pedas and also durian. The next time you are in a bind for a place to eat, just head over here.
Empire Assam Pedas opens daily from 10 am until 10 pm.

Pssst.
For all the competition lovers - here's a contest for you.
Just head on to Empire Assam Pedas, take a creative selfie with the food and wait for your name to be announced as the winner of a smartphone.
Hurry up!
I was told that the smartphone brand is AWESOME!
For updates on the menu and also the selfie competition, just follow these two accounts:

#EmpireAssamPedas #AssamPedasNilai #CendolDurian #EmpireCTSS

qaseh dalia
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Kenapa yang sedap selalu nya jauh .. haha btw nampak kepekatan asam pedas tu ..

Emily
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Aiyak... KL I can still go, NS is a tad far for me, unfortunately. Can you tapao for me the cendol durian? You can have the assam pedas!

Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Bukan menu asam pedas je yang nampak menyelerakan tapi menu lain pun sama. Wajib singgah bila naik KL ni.

Eyqa Hasnan
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Asam pedas ikan pari tu menduga betul!!!

Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Aduhhh semuanya kegemaran saya! Masak tempoyak, masak lemak dan the ultimate one is none other than asam pedas tu! Ya Allah... Dah kenyang pun jadi lapar balik. Macam mana ni? Haha

Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

ALahaiiii... Kecur ailio tengok ni. Semua nampak sedap. Pekat kuah asam pedas tu & nampak macam sedap. Gulai leak tu pon. Kalau ter singgah nilai boleh lah try ni.

Amanda Suria
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Kalau dekat sekarang gak SA pi...Rawlins...asam pedas udang galah tu memang buat SA terpaut la...bila agaknya nak pi Nilai ni...

Absolute Yana
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

I want the cendol durian! And damn....you made me terliur with you description for the masak lemak..i also want to jilat plate until licin weh...T.T

Zharif Azis
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Dekat sangat nie Rawlin dgn tmpt tinggal sy. Boleh lah bawa family ke sini nanti. Nampak menyelerakan sekali maknan2 nya. Kuah-kuah dia semua nampak pekat. Rasa nya mesti enak tu ! Durian cendol tu arghhhhhh ! Nak jugak

Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

I think i went here previously but forgot dy..hahhaa but the foods are amazing and really worth it

Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

wow yang ni kan yang KCHUP haritu review, memang nampak sedap betul asam pedas dia, weeee dulu tinggal kat taman nilai tak banyak kedai tau, sekali bila singgah nilai balik wow makin meriah penuh je kedai kedai lama yang dahulu macam kena tinggal sekarang tengok balik makin bertambah maju woooah... best gila kan... ada aeon tak lama lagi juga lagi maju nilai ni hehee... barulah jadi bandar yang bernilai..

Mrs Liez
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

ohhh my... asam pedas dan masak lemak cili padi tu memang fav Liez. Selalu asam pedas je mestiigt melaka je..Tapi ada macam asampedas mengikut negeri kan... terliur laaaa

tenku butang
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Asam Pedasss.. i likeee... unik nya nama.. cornucopia of assam? wah.. nak sebut tergeliat lidah.. tapi yang paling penting.. gambar-gambar diatas.. sangat-sangat menggiurkannn

Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

Alahaiii memang dr hari tu ngidam nak makan asam pedas, tetiba ada pulak gambar asam pedas kat sini...huhuhu. Nak ke sana jauh lah pulak...ummm

iffah hussin
Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 delete

hadoi hadoi hadoi... berlagu pilu perut menyanyi bila mata nampak automatik perut bernyanyi... menu-menu yang sangat sedap tu...

yreviewme
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Yum yum yum! I'm drawn to the durian cendol haha, it looks really good & I know I'll enjoy it :) I'm not a fan of assam pedas nor the masak lemak but I don't mind trying it out, everything also must try ma ;)

JMR
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Ni kalau lajak ke Nilai, bolehlah singgah Empire Assam Pedas ni. Semua menu nampak sedappp gilerr..wajib singgah ni

Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Oh my this is a must to go. I love all the food you took and makes me stoking to the max wei... Gonna find a cheap day to go...

Racheal

Lia Hasty
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Bestnua restaurant ni sebab semua menu asam pedas & masak lemak nampak sedap & pekat. Harga pun berpatutan. Dessert pun sedap ada durian lagi. Terliur nya.

Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Ruby on je bila ada restoran jual masakan melayu. Mesti sedap dan yummy. Cuma tulah, semua restoran ni jauh-jauh. Sedih betul tak jumpa masakan melayu pada waktu malam. Senang la kita nak dinner.

Maya
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Fulamak.. Terliur tengok semua gambar ni. Kita tak minat sangat asam pedas tapi durian memang fevret

Amanda Suria
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Asam Pedas kembong is always my fav...terliurnya....eh dah 2 kali komen la...see how terliur i am..

Sharon Lee
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

I would like to try the Masak Lemak as you describe it until it was so delicious!! I kinda love asam pedas taste because it can be addicting at the same time.

Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

I really craving to eat the 'masak lemak cili api' to plate licking good. Assam pedas? I think NS style taste a bit like curry to me. I love the authentic nothern style.

Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Pergh, Sampai ke sana food hunting. Takpe jauh, asalkan sedap kan.

Shub B
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Oh, my goodness!! Lots of delicious and tempting foods there. It makes me feels so hungry and my mouth-watering. It seems that you really enjoy all of that foods.

Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Olala! terbaik all the asam pedas semuuaaa i suka. You know i memang suka makan yang pedas pedas dan masam macam ni la.

Wednesday, 21 February, 2018 delete

Woww assam pedas tue... my fav.. malangnya just jumpa beberapa lokasi je yang assam pedas dia mmg terbaik dan kena dengan tekak Bro...

Dekat hotel pun ada chef yang masak assam pedas.. macam xsedap je rasanya hahaha

linda lin
Thursday, 22 February, 2018 delete

ya Allah...sedapnya tgk menu assam pedas kat sini...menu yang lain pun nmpk menyelerakan jgk...wajib pegi ni bawak family hujung mgu nanti....

Friday, 23 February, 2018 delete

Am reading your post now before lunch time and now am feeling more hungry, hahaha. Foods looks savory!

Khir Khalid
Friday, 23 February, 2018 delete

Fuhh puas hati makan kat sini. Tengok hidangannya pun nampak penyelerakan dan cukup semuanya. Bolelah nanti singgah sini klu ke Nilai.. baru tau tempat ni. Thanks sharing info :)

Saturday, 24 February, 2018 delete

sedapnya asam pedas! banyak menu lain disediakan di sini, semuanya nampak sedap dan menyelerakan. tertarik dengan cendol durian tu, meriah isinya.

www.maisarahsidi.com

Monday, 26 February, 2018 delete

Asam pedas memang favourite says! Man try!