Too Good At Goodbyes

Depressed, Love Song, Rawlins GLAM, Sam Smith, Suicidal, Too Good at Goodbyes,
Photoshoot by CVS White Studio
Of late, I have been riding on some kind of an emotional roller-coaster.
No worries, it was just some personal problems - not major ones but I am always and forever thankful for my ever supportive family and very close friends to keep me sane.

When I heard this song by Sam Smith, it kinda reminded me of my past relationships.
I went through it all before.

This is my very first time sharing with you my darkest secrets about my past relationships.

My very first love - it was lovey dovey at first and then when the time came for goodbye, it became very abusive. I was on the receiving end of every abusive action and I let it happened because I was so in love with the person (now I think I tried to save the relationship because I was afraid of being alone). The break up led to depression and I tried to kill myself by OD on pills. Luckily I was found by my housemates who later called the ambulance.

I survived.

The second one - the table turned and I was the abusive person. I abused my other half verbally and emotionally. I begged the person to stay by threatening to hurt myself and even kill myself if the person ever leaves me. The person did try to leave me and on both occasions, I also tried to kill myself by drinking detergents and luckily, it was not enough to kill me.

And the person still leaves, as the only thing that kept the relationship was threats.
Another goodbye.

And now, I intend to become more mature. No more threats and no more beggings.

So here it is, Too Good at Goodbyes by Sam Smith.
Read the lyrics.
Understand it.
Goodbyes made me strong.
And it will make you strong too.
Do not resort to ending your own life as there will be other love out there.

You must think that I'm stupid
You must think that I'm a fool
You must think that I'm new to this
But I have seen this all before

I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt

But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true

I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)

I know you're thinking I'm heartless
I know you're thinking I'm cold
I'm just protecting my innocence
I'm just protecting my soul

I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt

But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true

I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
No way that you'll see me cry
(No way that you'll see me cry)

I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
No, no, no, no, no
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
No, no, no, no
No, no, no
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
(No way that you'll see me cry)
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)

'Cause every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true
I'm way too good at goodbyes

Disclaimer :
I do not own the copyright of the song.
Song by Sam Smith

suliana yusof
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Lirik lagu yang sangat membantu menguatkan semangat. Dulu pun saya begitu, sangat takut kepada perpisahan. Namun kini, saya banyak belajar kuatkan hati. Eh! Nak cari jugak la lagu ni.

Qisstiera
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Best lirik dia. Jadi kuat tiba-tiba. Walaupun banyak cara nak lupakan tapi tak mudah nak lupa sampailah satu hari Qiss attend imkk ade satu segmen yang buat Qiss boleh buang semua kenangan pahit tu. Rasa seronok sangat tak terikat dengan memori yang menyakitkan.

Isaac Tan
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

on point, the lyrics.. hehe.
but don't too emo ya.

Amanda Suria
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Music can release stress..i love music..rawlin dobt take it so hard ya..chill!!!

Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Baca entri ni pastu google lagu ni untuk dengar .

Cik Min
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

I love this song soooooooo much..nope actually i love Sam smith hahaha..all his song is my favourite

Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Agree. Sometimes you kene jatuh to get up. Pernah rasa zaman jahil dulu, sekarang menyesal pun ada sebab buat benda merepek. haha

Sam Pui Yee
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Sam Smith wrote this after his past broken relationship too.
Hopefully you stay strong in future, don't ever do anything to hurt yourself again k?

xx
Puiyeesss

Linda Yee
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Treasure your life and don't do anything silly. Good song lyrics.

Felicia Grace
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Those are real personal thoughts from you. I hope that you're now heal from the past wounds. Forgive your past and move on to make your life worth living for. Tried suiciding twice and you'll still here, means you are here to make a difference!

Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Alaaaa.. I tak boleh tengok video tu. Office dah blocked YT. Tapi lirik dia sangat best. Apa pon masalah, pasti ada jalan penyelesaiannya.

Lily Shah
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

he is so skinny now.. NOOO!!! still love his songs non the less!

Batik&bubbles
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

love & relationships can be so bitter sweet...music definitely carries us in sad times but far better for you to write your pain rather than take it out on yourself in harmful ways.

Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Good song! mati mati ingat you now do modelling. I am not that type who easy to let go. So I don't get attach to anybody for the sake of not hurting myself. Gosh! I sound so pathetic pulak. Be cool ya Rawlins.

yaya_flanella
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Deep sungguh lirik lagu ni. Maybe lepas ni yaya pun kena lebih kuat dan kental juga huhu. Be strong Rawlins :')

Yin reviews
Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

I believe there is a reason for everything. Even though you may have a sad past, but don't let it affect your future ya :) The fact that you are still here today proves that you are strong. Thanks for sharing this song, I have read the lyrics, and could relate to it as well :( Let's ganbate for a better tomorrow :D

Thursday, 02 November, 2017 delete

Samalah...pengalaman lps banyak menyakitkan..kalau boleh tak nak ingat dah, tapi pengalaman tu lah yg banyak memberi kekuatan untuk hari ini.

Bella Jamal
Friday, 03 November, 2017 delete

Owh dear. Paham. What doesnt kill yoi make you stronger!

Friday, 03 November, 2017 delete

Nice song. All the best. Once kita jatuh selalunya kita akan jadi lebih kuat untuk bangun. Stay strong.

Friday, 03 November, 2017 delete

Dah lama tak baca artikel blog tentang ulasan lirik lagu. Pastu lagu ni sangat dekat dengan Rawlins. Jalan terus k. Terus bahagia.

Friday, 03 November, 2017 delete

Nice song. Glad you are stronger now and cope with those struggle. Keep on fighting coz life is beautiful!

Friday, 03 November, 2017 delete

Relax la rawlins... bro pun 2-3 menjak nie pun bukannya ok... down gila2 juga... tp kena kuatkan diri.. sebab ada anak 2 orang masih perlukan perhatian bapa dia

Friday, 03 November, 2017 delete

Chill Rawlins. Pengalaman itu lah yang mendewasakan kita. Ecewahh..acah acah prof muhaya gittew..ahaks!

dr-Life
Tuesday, 07 November, 2017 delete

Once a while getting emo is ok, at least you know how to release it out. You will be fine, dear

Racheal

Emily
Tuesday, 07 November, 2017 delete

I felt hurt just reading about your past experiences. Can just imagine how painful it must have been for both parties. Thankful to know that you survived those suicidal episodes. Be strong. Yes, there are people out there whom you can love.

Thursday, 09 November, 2017 delete

this is touching... I was in a relationship too once where my partner then threatened to kill me....it was scary as I did not know what I let myself in when the affair began... it was after a while when I realise he was actually a crook...

Maha Mahu
Wednesday, 15 November, 2017 delete

sedap juga lagu ni kita tak pernah dengar tadi dengar sampai habis hehehe. Kena dengan jiwa kita lak...