Indulging K-Food Cravings @ Myeongdong Topokki

안녕하세요
한국 음식을 먹자

K-wave certainly has hit Malaysian shores, in more than one way.
May it be music, drama, movie and food.
Heck, even some challenges started by the K-stars were followed to the T by Malaysians, right?
Looking at some friends who did the challenges.
Myeongdong Topokki, Rawlins Eats, Korean Food di Sunway Putra Mall, Food court, Korean food, K-Food,
As for me, I dig all of it. Nope, I did not partake in the challenges but I certainly in love with the food, music, drama and movies. Especially the food. Somehow, I found that K-food certainly hit the spot and always my food of choice whenever I feel the need to satiate my cravings for K-street food.
I just put K in front of any word, didn't I?

Last week, I played tourist in KL with my friends and travelled here and there via MRT. It was fun! After getting on the train at so many stations, we decided to just stop at Sunway Putra Mall and have our lunch at the food court there.
Situated at Level 4 of the mall, there were so many options. And somehow, unanimously we all decided to satiate our cravings for K-food as there is Myeongdong Topokki outlet.

Hungry as hungry as do - so we ordered the sought after dishes on the menu as we were all hungry. Here are snippets of what we ordered. I tried to do a flat lay of all the food but since we ordered for a village, I only managed to capture some of it.
Hangul Chicken Ramyun (Fried Chicken Ramyun) @ RM18.90
Bulgogi Beef Deopbab (Stir-Fry Marinated Beef Rice) @ RM18.90
Jajjangmyun (Black Bean Sauce Noodle) @ RM18.90
Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi Stew): RM17.90 for Chicken | RM18.90 for Beef
Dol Sot Bibimbap (Rice Layered With Mixed Vegetables): RM19.90 for Chicken | RM20.90 for Beef
Dakgalbi Chicken Deopbab (Spicy Stir-Fry Chicken Rice) @ RM18.90
Myeongdong Topokki (Spicy Korean Rice Cake): RM7.90 doe Regular | RM11.90 for Large
Korea Chicken Snack Dakgangjeong

Was it too much? NOPE! In fact, some of us wanted more hahaha. I also wanted to pack some but since we were going to visit more places, I decided not to.

If I were going straight home, I might be packing some.

MY REVIEW
  • Will I come and visit Myeongdong Topokki again? Of course I will
  • Was it worth the price? The price is reasonable and it is totally worth every single cent. As I don't eat spicy food, I will definitely will have another round of Jajjangmyun, Bulgogi Beef Deopbab and Hangul Chicken Ramyun.
  • How was the service? It was fast. The best thing was, there was a female singer (Martika) singing oldies and some latest songs serenading us while we were having our meal. She can sing anything in almost every language and her voice was beautiful!

My K-food craving certainly fulfilled!

All Myeongdong Topokki SocMed accounts - just in case you wanna keep updated on the latest menu and deals.

Thirteen
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

Is the singer gonna be there always? Hehe.

Oh btw what do you think about the kimchi ya? Because it can be such a turn off and on for me to eat at any Korean restaurant. The rest I know already can be trusted with the taste based on your review and pictures. Hahaha.

Alia Farhan
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

Fuhhhh... I always have zingggg over K Street food.... Sedap kannnn... Nak kena cari K Street food la today.. Tak leh jadik ni

khatyaiman
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

wah.seronok la sambil makan sambil dengar lagu kan. Makanan korea setakat ni pernah cuba ramen sahaja, bila tengok pic semua ni, rasa nak cuba ja semua.

miszlinda
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

Lama tak makan korean food. lately ramai yang share makan makanan korean. sedapnya! harga pun affordable

adianiez AIDA
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

Haven't tried any k-food, rawlins.
Here in melaka, can't find the nearest recommended k-restaurant.
Sgt sedap nampaknya tu!
Yes lah, we need to explore others' food,drinks kan.
Baru la ok. Baru la trending.
My daughters sgt suka dgn kdrama, ksongs.
Aduhai...

Hizami Li
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

wah! sedapnya! terbayang bayang kenikmatan fried chicken ramyun tu. lepas tu ditambah pula dengan spicy korean fried chicken. nom nom nom! nak kena singgah myeongdong topokko balik ni!

Yaya Azura
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

Tak pernah try k-food even i minat tengok k-drama. takut-takut nak cuba takut tak kena selera.tapi tengokgambar tu macam sedap2 semua..kena berani cuba kut.

Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

I love Korean Food especially their ramen! 😋 The savoury was like an amazing. And another food is topokki. These two is a must for me. Bibimbap optional but will order it too haha.

CIKZA MOHMAD
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

wow! boleh cuba ni, macam best je. Walau ai peminat drama korea tapi belum pernah sempat lagi mana2 kedai makanan korea. But This i will try.

saidila
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

dah pernah makan kat sini memang sedap topokki dia ...kalau rindu ngan toppoki korea saya mesti datang sini

mek yunie
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

bestnya nampak makanan korea. tapi takot dengan pedas-pedas. really pedas ke actually?

Fadzil Ahmad
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 delete

Bestnya dapat cuba makanan korea ni. Mcm nak cuba yang pedas tu ala2 ramen. Berapa tahap kepedasan tu agak2. Macam boleh cuba weekend ni

Mira Cikcit
Thursday, 15 August, 2019 delete

Dah pernah try dekat sini, memang sedap! Lagi-lagi Ramen, tapi hati ni rasa bersalah je kalau beli ramen dine in dekat kedai, sebab harga dia. Padahal boleh je buat sendiri dekat rumah. Tapi yang menu lain berbaloi la, lagi-lagi yang kita tak reti buat sendiri.

Ivy Kam
Thursday, 15 August, 2019 delete

Oh wow… so many delicious Korean food… I tried once at Myeongdong Topokki, can’t really tolerate with some of their spicy selection haha…

Siti Awadah
Thursday, 15 August, 2019 delete

Wah bestnya!! nmpk sedap2 pula tu semua... terliur dh kita tau.. suka makanan korea yyg mcm ni... best!

messarah
Thursday, 15 August, 2019 delete

tak pernah lagi try makan kat myeongdong topokki sebelum ni tapi tengok menu & harga macam menarik and berbaloi rasa macam nak try pulak lepas ni hehe

Nisa Kay
Saturday, 17 August, 2019 delete

nyummm sedapnya semua!! tiba tiba rindu korea.. haa boleh gitu???
ramen dia nampak mengundang sangat! okay esok nisa sampai kat kedai ni!

Aliza Sara
Tuesday, 27 August, 2019 delete

Why rawlins WHY! Im on confinement kode now and the food here in your post looks soooo good. Aiyo, kena masuk checklist lepas pantang 😭